Thursday, October 28, 2010

Missions Trip: Mexico (part 2)

When I found out our youth group is going to Mexico next summer on a missions trip, I was already excited. As I've said before, I plan on going unless God tells me otherwise. Which would be okay, too. Over the past month I've become even more excited. You see, I've known Christ for about 24 years. Next year, around this time, I will have known Christ for about 25 years. It will be our 25th anniversary! I will have been married to Christ for about 25 years! That's so amazing! so, what does this have to do with Mexico? Well, my pastor and his wife celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary this past summer by going on a cruise to Alaska. For my 25th anniversary knowing Christ, we may be going to Mexico! A missions trip to Mexico...what an amazing way to celebrate knowing Christ for 25 years. I'm crazy excited about it. 

On to another aspect of the trip. In Powerhouse (our youth group), we've decided to give all of our offering, collected from now until July, to the missionaries with whom we'll working, They'll be able to use the money for the orphanage or whatever they need. It's our gift to them. Our youth pastors are encouraging us to bring our change to put in the offering. Now, this money isn't to help those of us going on the trip. This is separate from us saving up for the trip itself. This money is an additional gift to the missionaries and the people in Mexico. I think this is a good idea. It helps us all to place others first, and to trust God to provide for our needs (which He promised to do in Philippians 4:19 and other places in the Bible). And it's a good reminder to give.

Prayer requests:
  • For our youth and leaders to be open to going on the trip, and for us to listen and obey the Holy Spirit regarding this.
  • That our team will begin to prepare (spiritually, mentally, in terms of learning a bit of Spanish, monetarily) and not wait until the last minute.
  • That our team will trust God for everything (funding, details, etc.), continue trusting Him, and learn to trust Him even more.
  • That we'll begin/continue praying for every aspect of the missions trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment