Sunday, January 8, 2012

When Making A Change

Change is inevitable, and many times difficult. Sometimes change sneaks up on us. Sometimes we're the ones wanting to make the change or changes. I've found that in whatever way change may come, it's always easier to accept with Christ's help. I've also found that when making a change, it works best when Christ is at the center and in the lead--not just of that particular change, but of my entire life. When making a change, it helps greatly if I don't rush it or try to make it happen on my own time. I do my best to be patient. I've found that allowing Christ to help make the change in His time and doing it His way is the best choice. Yeah, I know, that's not easy, either.

Matthew 6:33 says, "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." (NKJV) What are "all these things"? Anything I need (see verses 25-32). And sometimes even more. As long as I keep my focus on Christ, continue seeking Him (through talking with Him, reading His Word), and continue doing things His way, then the changes that need to made will be made--in His time. Everything will fall into place--not as I plan, but as Christ has planned.

And that's always better than what I've planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment