Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Crochet Story

A friend posted about her adventures in  learning to crochet, and so I told her about my crochet story. I thought I'd share this random story with others who may choose to read it.

My crochet story:
Around 1994, my Grandma Graham taught me how to crochet on my birthday. Then my Aunt Helen bought me a bunch of yarn for Christmas that year. I only knew how to do a basic stitch, and I'm left-handed so I had to figure that out. Thank God I generally learn many things pretty quickly. So, I began making a blanket. Last winter I finally finished the blanket. IT took me over 15 years to crochet that thing. There were two main reasons it took so long. One, I didn't always have a lot of time to work on it. Two, I didn't have room to leave it out so I'd remember to work on it. That blanket even made it into a stage production during my senior year of high school. We performed the musical "The Music Man" and I was Mrs. Paroo. I actually crocheted on set in some of the scenes. Talk about multi-tasking!

No comments:

Post a Comment