Monday, February 21, 2011

Breathing...is a privilege.

Not being able to breathe through my nose drives me nuts. I've had a cold for about a week, and each time I get a cold I'm reminded what a privilege it is to be able to breathe through my nose. I thank Jesus for when I'm able to breathe through my nose. When I can't breathe through my nose, everything's a bit off. I think at least some of you have an idea of what I mean. I have to concentrate a bit more on breathing when my nose is stuffed up. When my nose functions properly, I breathe without realizing I'm breathing--it's effortless. 

It reminds me of how it is with Christ. If I breathe in the way He's made natural (living life focused on Him, seeking Him, reading the Bible every day, studying His Word, talking with Him throughout the day [praying], listening to Him, obeying Him), then it's not an effort and I don't notice I'm breathing. But, if my "nose is stuffed up" (not in the Word as I should be, not talking with Christ as much, not seeking Him as much, not focused on Him), then it's not as easy to breathe and I have to work at it a bit more, and things are a bit off.

I like breathing naturally a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment