Monday, April 24, 2017

As the Seasons Change

As I am in my room reading and talking with Jesus and preparing to read and study His Word a bit, I decided to look at my past blog posts thinking I may have posted something relevant to a current Bible study I am doing. Unfortunately, I did not post what I am looking for, however I know I have it saved somewhere.

In any case, I was reminded once again how much I actually miss blogging and sharing things the Holy Spirit shows me or sharing cool things He is doing. In some ways I am doing this via e-mail to some good friends as we study a portion of the Word together. Yet, almost like this blog, each e-mail shared is less frequent than I would like each of them to be.

 Yet, it all reminds me of how much I actually miss blogging, miss writing. And in this season of my life, there is not much time for that. Yet, just because the season had changed a while ago into this season of not-writing-much, the ability for me to write and blog is still there; and I am realizing it is something I am actually a bit passionate about. 

As the the seasons change in your life, and you may not be able to do something you once enjoyed doing, it's okay--it just may not be the season for it (Ecclesiates 3). And just like in softball, although the season may be over, another season will most likely come. So don't give up the passion you used to have for something God has enabled you to do and enjoy--it may be the off-season for it right now, but get ready for when next season comes (2 Timothy 4:2).


No comments:

Post a Comment