Monday, September 5, 2011

Finally...I get to blog again

Where did summer go in terms of my blog posts? Thanks to Labor Day and not having many pressing things to do, I was finally able to catch up reading friends' blog posts from the past few months. Seriously, I was reading blog posts from June. (Would these count as reading a book today?) I enjoyed reading about my family's adventures in Indonesia (Desjardines, Forneys) and the Philippines (Maxwells). I enjoyed reading about my brother's fast pitch softball season thus far (Robby). I enjoyed about book clubs, being good stewards of time, etc. on another brother's blog (Schindler). I enjoyed read the other blogs, as well. Okay, I simply enjoy reading friends' blogs.

There have been a few things I wanted to blog about during the summer, but at those instances I didn't get the opportunity, and now I don't remember what I wanted to say. Ah, well.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to prepare for next year's slow pitch softball season. I'm a decent hitter, and I'd like to get a bit more power in my swing. Lifting some weights, maybe?I should shed a few more pounds to be better in shape, in any case. I also want to work on running--more, better endurance. Hey, with school beginning tomorrow and most of the kids in school all day, I can begin Biggest Loser workouts on the Wii in our kitchen again during the day! Sweet! Hopefully I stick with it again. I'm thinking about jogging/brisk walking/bike riding around the lake on some of these cool mornings/evenings...yeah, we'll see how that goes.

No matter what I end up doing, I'm eager to see what my King will be doing in me this fall...we're coming into a new season...and the weather has been cooperating today, too. Beautiful and needing to wear a sweatshirt! Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment